Friday, March 02, 2007

Finally Oracle SQL Developer 1.1 patch can be applied

Oracle SQL Developer 1.1 'check for updates ...' had been pending for over a month. Seems like the option only was made available for a short while. So even there had been a 1.1 patch 1, I was not able to apply it via 'Check for updates ...'. The only way to apply the patch is to install the whole SQL Developer which I don't like. I've been waiting for the option to be made available again.

This morning, I tried to run 'Check for updates ...' again and found that the option was made available! I upgraded my SQL Developer to the latest version finally. Meanwhile, Oracle released a new patch for SQL Developer 1.1, it's called patch 2. However, there is still some problem regarding the patch application via 'Check for updates ...'. Is it the reason Oracle disabled the option for over one month? The problem is that SQL developer still tells you there is a new patch found to be applied even you've already applied it. This gets me confused. I don't know what will happen if I reapply the patch 2. Maybe nothing will happen. It's just repeating this application itself over and over again. Oracle should sort it out as soon as possible.

No comments: